56 hours in the car, now that's what I call a ROADTRIP!!! We left last friday (Sept 19th) and headed to Spokane Wa. Arrived at about 2 am (pacific time). Slept for a few hours and headed up north to Chewelah Wa (my grandma's home town). We visited some of my Grandma's siblings and their family. Also got to see where my Grandma was buried. It was a cute little town, it was neat to see where my Grandma grew up. Wish I could've gone there sometime with her. We left Chewelah Saturday afternoon. And arrived in Seattle around 7 pm. We stayed in downtown Seattle. It was really nice. There is so much to see and do there. We met up with Taylor's family, they were dropping Alicia off for school at Univ. of Washington. It was good to spend time with them. We also got to see my Aunt Layna, my Cousin Annie and some more extended family (from my Grandma's side). Ate lots of good food and walked a lot. We left Seattle Monday afternoon after we ate at BJ's they have really good pizza and the best dessert! We used to eat there all the time when we lived in Cali. We drove south on the 101 along the Oregon coast. Can I just say Be-a-utiful!!! So many trees!! It would be a great place to visit again. You've got the forest, lakes, ocean and sandunes!! Doesn't get much better then that if you ask me. We stayed in Lincoln City Or. Then headed into Cali. We had planned on seeing the Redwoods but kinda of missed it (sorry mom & taylor). We stayed in Chico. This was a town that I went to often when I was growing up. It was so great to be back. I got to go to my favorite store and got tons of cute clothes for Breckin. We wondered around the mall and Chico Univ. Then headed north to Paradise, the town where I grew up. I haven't been back in 11 yrs. I forgot how many trees and hills there were. It was really pretty I forgot how much I missed it. Then from there we head to Reno. (yuck) Met up with Taylor's friend from school ate dinner then stayed at Circus Circus (cheap & ghetto). I'm not such a fan of Reno was glad to get on in to Utah. We got up on Thursday and headed on in to Utah got there around 8. We stayed in Utah and came home Sunday. All in all it was a very good trip. Breckin is an awesome traveler. Minus a few blow outs (in the pants). He really did awesome. He is such a good kid. Don't know how I got so lucky??? I really worried that he would get fussy and get tired of being in his carseat so much, we got him lots of different toys and tried to entertain him as much as possible while driving. Luckily my Mom was with us so someone was always in the back seat with him. It's good to be home but also kind of sad. I always get a little melancholy after leaving our family.
Seattle
So pretty. The view from west Seattle
The famous oreo pizooke from BJ'sDay 5
Day 6
P.S. The other 3 days were spent in Utah
(Sorry I know most of these pictures were pretty boring, just a trip down memory lane for me)








0 comments:
Post a Comment